Mites League is open to all entering 1st &2nd grades from all schools.
(Kindergarteners may play upon request)
Participants will learn the game of floor hockey through various hockey and fitness drills, hands on instruction from experienced players and coaches, and scrimmage games all in a fun-filled and competitive environment.
The league format is as follows:
· Each new participant will receive a reversible black and white jersey with last name and number.
· Each week parents will be notified of the team rosters for that given week via email, displayed on our website.
· Each team will have instructional drills for 25 minutes, followed by a scrimmage game for 35 plus minutes running time
· Start times will be at 8am or 8:15am depending on the week. Each session will last one hour.
· Please note that depending on the number of participants, there might be two one hour sessions or one session that runs for one hour and fifteen minutes.
As of now there are no practices. Depending on registration and requests, we may add a practice/clinic for each team.
Each team will be coached by an experienced yeshiva high school hockey player and each coach provides instruction to their team before, during and after games. Therefore, it is important to not miss any games if possible in order to keep up with the progress of the rest of the team and league.
No. All skill levels are welcomed. Teams will be filled as equally as possible with players of all skill levels.